Tuesday, May 17, 2016

I'm like a kid waiting for christmas

When I was a little girl of like 8 or 9, I turned on the television to discover Skye Sweetnam's video for her song "Tangled Up in Me." This began a lifelong love. Skye Sweetnam has long cemented herself in my mind as one of my favorite musicians-up there with the likes of Debbie Harry, Damon Albarn, Robert Smith, and Jack White. Her music has always meant so much to me. She's been a huge style icon and total inspiration (because she's badass and mega talented). But because she's always been more in the indie scene and because she's based out of Canada, I accepted the fact that I would never see her or Sumo Cyco, her band, perform live.

Well, tomorrow, I'm going to at the Warehouse in Clarksville. And holy shit, am I excited. It's like I'm a kid who can't sleep because they're waiting for Santa.

I know, I know, I probably seem like some rabid fangirl but I can't get over how excited I am.


I cried when I saw Damon Albarn and Jack White, I'll probably cry at this concert too.

No comments:

Post a Comment